BAKED LOBSTER TAILS AND SCALLOPS WITH SHERRY AND SAFFRON
Main Course for 4 (using 1 box of 4 tails & 1lb bag scallops)
4 lobster tails, thawed & rinsed. Pat dry, cut in half lengthwise
1 lb scallops, side muscle removed (from side of scallop) and discarded
4 medium shallots or 1 medium onion, thinly slice
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 – 1 Tbs. unsalted butter per portion (personal preference)
Sherry or dry white wine, glug per serving
1 pinch saffron threads
Clothes Pins (one for each portion)
1 lemon, juice to finish
Fresh parsley, to finish
Inspired by Gwyneth Paltrow’s ‘Mixed Seafood with Sherry and Saffron’ in ‘It’s All Easy, Delicious Weekday Recipes for the Super-Busy Home Cook’
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut out squares of parchment paper roughly 11”x11”, one for each serving and divide the sliced shallot, evenly among them. Place one whole lobster tail (two halves) on top of shallots (shell side down) and equally divide 1# of scallops across four servings. Divide garlic evenly, add butter (according to personal preference), a glug or two of sherry, and a small pinch of saffron to each serving.
- Carefully pinch corners together and fold up sides of parchment paper together and seal with a clothes pin, rolling openings closed, sealing the pouch as much as possible (to steam the seafood!). Place parcels on a baking sheet, and bake for around 15 minutes, or until the seafood is cooked through.
- Transfer the parcels to plates and allow guests to open their own individual baked seafood dish, and garnish with fresh lemon juice and parsley (if desired).
- Add vegetables to the mix! Add thinly sliced carrots, par-cooked potatoes, zucchini or asparagus to each parchment paper parcel.
- Get creative and use any vegetable you want and adjust cooking times where needed–simply wait to add seafood until vegetables are par-cooked so everything can cook/finish together! This dish is also, great served over rice!