BAKED STUFFED LOBSTER TAILS
4 lobster tails
2 cups fresh bread crumbs (preferably made from a coarse bread)
4-6 tbs. of butter
1 medium onion or a bunch of scallions
1/2 a shallot adds a little color
2 tbs. of lemon juice
2 tbs. of parsley
1 tsp of seafood seasoning or a combination of salt and pepper
- In a skillet sauté the onion and seasonings in the butter (wine or vermouth can be added but is not necessary).
- Add the onion mix to bread crumbs and mix well.
- Using sharp kitchen shears split the tails- keeping the shell side up – lengthwise down the middle, to just before the tail fins.
- Place the lobster tails in a baking dish, brush with melted and place stuffing inside the split tail.
- Add a little water to the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with foil and bake 10-13 minutes at 425 until cooked. Meat will be opaque and firm when done.