Food Safety Practitioner & Quality Assurance Manager
Work Schedule: Full Time 0800 – 1700 5 days/week
Location: Bucksport, Maine –
Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC
122 Heritage Park Road
Bucksport, ME 04416
Company Information: Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC is a family-owned company committed to producing the finest quality raw and ready to eat lobster products. We are seeking a Food Safety Practitioner & Quality Assurance Manager to join our team for our new processing facility in Bucksport, Maine. The company retails and wholesales live lobster, raw glazed tails, and ready-to-eat lobster products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the processing facility’s food safety plan in accordance HACCP with SQF.
- Tests, evaluates & updates recall plans to ensure affected products are identified & recovered.
- Maintains Food Safety, Sanitation, & HACCP plans & logs.
- Assists with training employees on food safety and quality requirements.
- Ensures compliance with food safety and sanitation requirements. Coordinates with managers to take corrective action as necessary.
- Coordinates with labs and managers to ensure safety of products with regards to Listeria spp. and Clostridium botulinum.
- Conducts daily testing to ensure production quality & integrity.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations, serving as advisor on projects and day-to-day facility operations.
- Maintains records of all inbound and outbound products.
- Monitors bar code and labelling system to ensure highest level of traceability.
- Coordinates with managers, federal/state regulators, and independent auditors to schedule compliance audits and inspections.
- Maintains company’s GFSI/SQF certification efforts & self-audit program.
- Coordinates integrated pest management contract & services.
- Monitors facility production processes to ensure appropriate temperatures maintained for food safety, maintains records of daily checks.
- Monitors industry and regulatory changes, and recommends company improvements as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in food safety/science or related field preferred.
- Current HACCP certification.
- Familiarity with SQF Codes, preferably for seafood processing.
- Knowledge of FSMA, HACCP, FDA, and OSHA requirements.
- Detail oriented with strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift/move 40 lbs.
- Able to stand, walk, climb, reach, lift, carry, pull, push, grasp, stoop, squat, bend, and stretch as necessary to complete various tasks around the facility.
- Able to withstand exposure to cold/hot/wet environments associated with facility processing/storage areas.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $55,000 + annual salary DOE
- 3 weeks paid vacation per year.
- Sick leave.
- 6 Paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.)
- Company contribution to health care plan.