Human Resource Manager
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Work Schedule: Full Time 0800-1600 M-F – on call as necessary
Location: Bucksport, Maine –
Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC
122 Heritage Park Road
Bucksport, ME 04416
Company Information: Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC is a family-owned company committed to producing the finest quality raw and ready to eat lobster products. The company retails and wholesales live lobster, raw glazed tails, and ready-to-eat lobster products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions and ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Recruits, interviews, tests and selects employees to fill vacant positions. Assists Managers in determining manpower needs.
- Maintains and records all paperwork including but not limited to personal data, terminations, hiring, and discipline.
- Maintain and record time and attendance for payroll and coordinates with payroll services as necessary.
- Coordinate all training activities within the various locations.
- Manage the workers compensation insurance policy including claims processing.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relationship issues.
- Administer benefits programs such as health insurance, vacation, sick leave and paid leave.
- Evaluate performance on a regular basis.
- Prepares/maintains budgets as necessary.
- Oversee the need for temporary and seasonal work force needs.
- Regularly meets with staff to monitor productivity.
- Continuously work to refine the HR policies of the company.
- Develop and Maintain network with local employment resources to include Eastern Maine Development Corporation, Coastal Enterprises, Maine Lobster Dealers’ Assn., Bucksport Community & Economic Development Director, University of Maine, Eastern Maine Community College, and Regional School.
- Coordinates short notice replacements for personnel.
- Maintains security of all personnel records.
- Ensures all pre-employment paperwork completed and securely filed.
- Provides training for all employees on HR Policies and enforces policies as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- 2-5 years Human Resources/management experience, seasonal business experience preferred.
- Strong Management and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent computer skills to include MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of payroll systems.
Compensation & Benefits:
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Sick leave earned.
- 6 Paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.)
- Company contribution to health care plan.