Hygiene/Food Safety Sanitation Specialist
Work Schedule: Full Time (40 hours/week); 2nd Shift 1600-0100
Location: Bucksport, Maine –
Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC
122 Heritage Park Road
Bucksport, ME 04416
Company Information: Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC is a family-owned company committed to producing the finest quality raw and ready to eat lobster products. The company retails and wholesales live lobster, raw glazed tails, and ready-to-eat lobster products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cleaning and setting up equipment following a Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) to ensure all assigned plant areas and equipment are cleaned/sanitized on a daily basis.
- Ensure daily completion of required logs/documentation.
- Understand and use a variety of Sanitation Chemicals to effectively complete assigned tasks.
- Use sanitation equipment properly and safely.
- Protect products from contamination while completing assigned tasks.
- Report acts or conditions that may place products at risk.
- Protect sensitive equipment from wet wash as required.
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment as necessary.
- Cleaning of all common areas, locker rooms, showers and rest room facilities.
- Report safety/maintenance issues to general manager and maintenance.
- Drain slurry ice tanks, rinse and clean all tanks and traps.
- Prepare slurry ice machines for next day’s production.
- Assist with late night lobster deliveries as necessary.
Skills & Experience:
- Seafood Processing facility/Food Manufacturing Sanitation experience preferred.
- HACCP certification preferred.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver under and around machinery in tight spaces required for cleaning.
- Ability to work in cold and hot environments.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary: $19/hour
- 15 minute paid break every 4 hours.
- 45 minute unpaid lunch break.
- 2 Days sick time/quarter.
- Optional participation in health care program.