Raw Processing Laborer
Work Schedule: Full/Part Time Seasonal (Full time employees can expect 40 hours/week and part time employees can expect 20 hours per week. During the high processing season there will likely be the opportunity for overtime).
Location: Bucksport, Maine –
Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC
122 Heritage Park Road
Bucksport, ME 04416
Company Information: Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC is a family-owned company committed to producing the finest quality raw and ready to eat lobster products. The company retails and wholesales live lobster, raw glazed tails, and ready-to-eat lobster products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Unload morning delivery truck.
- Weigh pallets of lobster.
- Load/unload lobster canisters for the High Pressure Pasteurization (HPP) machine, ensure a minimum of 4000 lbs of lobster are ready for break-down prior to the arrival of the Raw Processing Team Members. Pass daily quota of lobster through HPP.
- Clean/sanitize equipment as directed.
- Ensure sufficient boxes are prepared for freezing, packing, and storing of raw products.
- Pack, weigh and store raw product following freezing process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent teamwork.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to work quickly and safely conducting repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work in various environmental conditions ranging from hot and humid to freezing and dry.
Compensation & Benefits:
- 15 minute paid break every 4 hours.
- 45 minute unpaid lunch break.
- 2 Days sick time/quarter.
- Optional participation in health care program.