Raw Processing Supervisor – Closing Shift
Work Schedule: Full Time (40 hrs/wk), 5 days per week
Location: Bucksport, Maine –
Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC
122 Heritage Park Road
Bucksport, ME 04416
Company Information: Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC is a family-owned company committed to producing the finest quality raw and ready to eat lobster products. The company retails and wholesales live lobster, raw glazed tails, and ready-to-eat lobster products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up/review readiness of processing line for tail grading, freezing, and packaging.
- Assist in raw lobster processing as necessary to ensure completion of product breakdown prior to 1300.
- Oversee grading, freezing, packing and storing operations.
- Ensure accuracy of product weights.
- Responsible for closing the raw lobster processing line to include verification of cleanliness/hygiene of stations.
- Supervise raw processing team members and laborers to ensure cleanliness of the entire raw processing line.
- Complete basic preventative maintenance as necessary and proper shut-down of equipment. Train new team members in the duties ranging breaking down lobster, grading and freezing of tails, packing and storing of frozen products.
- Identify and report safety/maintenance concerns on the raw processing lines.
- Assess performance of subordinates and report issues to General Manager and Human Resources manager as necessary.
- Provide performance updates to subordinates, general manager and HR Manager upon completion of first 80 days of the 90-day probationary period for each new employee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent teamwork.
- Management experience in a seafood processing industry preferred.
- Prior lobster processing experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 80lbs.
- Ability to work quickly and safely conducting repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work in various environmental conditions ranging from hot and humid to freezing and dry.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Paid overtime
- 15-minute paid break every 4 hours
- 45 minute unpaid lunch
- 2 Days sick time/quarter
- Optional participation in health care program.