Raw Processing Supervisor – Opening Shift
Work Schedule: Full Time (40 hrs/wk), 5 days per week
Location: Bucksport, Maine –
Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC
122 Heritage Park Road
Bucksport, ME 04416
Company Information: Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC is a family-owned company committed to producing the finest quality raw and ready to eat lobster products. The company retails and wholesales live lobster, raw glazed tails, and ready-to-eat lobster products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Open raw lobster processing line to include inspection of cleanliness/hygiene of machinery and functionality of assigned processing equipment.
- Oversee laborers in unloading of transport tuck, weighing of pallets/lobster, documentation of product and loading of the High-Pressure Pasteurization (HPP) Machine.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on machinery as necessary.
- Ensure a minimum of 4000 lbs of lobster is ready for breakdown by 0700 daily.
- Supervise/assist HPP and lobster processing line employees to ensure smooth work flow.
- Train new team members in the duties ranging from unloading of trucks, weighing of lobster, loading of machines, butchering, freezing, packing, and storage of raw product.
- Oversee weighing and grading of lobster tails.
- Manage cleaning of raw processing stations at the end of the shift.
- Identify and report safety/maintenance concerns on the raw processing lines.
- Assess performance of subordinates and report issues to general manager and human resources manager.
- Provide performance updates to subordinates, General Manager and HR Manager upon completion of first 80 days of the 90-day probationary period for each new employee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent teamwork.
- Management experience in a seafood processing industry preferred.
- Prior lobster processing experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 80lbs.
- Ability to work quickly and safely conducting repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work in various environmental conditions ranging from hot and humid to freezing and dry.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Paid overtime
- 15-minute paid break every 4 hours
- 45 minute unpaid lunch
- 2 Days sick time/quarter
- Optional participation in health care program.