Raw Processing Team Member
Work Schedule: Full/Part Time Seasonal (Full time employees can expect 40 hours/week and part time employees can expect 20 hours per week. During the high processing season there will likely be the opportunity for overtime).
Location: Bucksport, Maine –
Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC
122 Heritage Park Road
Bucksport, ME 04416
Company Information: Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC is a family-owned company committed to producing the finest quality raw and ready to eat lobster products. The company retails and wholesales live lobster, raw glazed tails, and ready-to-eat lobster products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Arrive in time to complete sanitation protocols and begin shift promptly at assigned time.
- Review cleanliness/functionality of assigned processing station.
- Process a minimum of 500 lobsters per hour in order to meet daily production quotas.
- Assist with High-Pressure Pasteurization (HPP) loading and unloading as directed.
- Weigh, grade, glaze, freeze, package and store raw lobster products as assigned.
- Clean assigned processing station at the end of shift.
- Conduct basic maintenance of assigned machinery.
- Report safety/maintenance issues to supervisor as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous lobster processing experience desired.
- Excellent teamwork.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to work quickly and safely conducting repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work in various environmental conditions ranging from hot and humid to freezing and dry.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary: $17/hour
- 15 minute paid break every 4 hours.
- 45 minute unpaid lunch break.
- 2 Days sick time/quarter.
- Optional participation in health care program.