Ready-to-eat Processing Supervisor
Work Schedule: Full Time (40 Hours/week)
Location: Bucksport, Maine –
Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC
122 Heritage Park Road
Bucksport, ME 04416
Company Information: Greenhead Lobster Products, LLC is a family-owned company committed to producing the finest quality raw and ready to eat lobster products. The company retails and wholesales live lobster, raw glazed tails, and ready-to-eat lobster products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect cleanliness and function of the ready-to-eat processing line.
- Spot check temperatures of the cooked product to ensure appropriate temperatures reached to begin processing.
- Pick claw and knuckle meat (CK) for packing and freezing.
- Train new team members in duties including picking, freezing, packaging and storage of ready-to-eat products.
- Weigh and grade products, ensure product is clean and absent of shell fragments.
- Mince products as necessary.
- Supervise cleaning and basic general maintenance of equipment at the end of each shift.
- Identify and report any safety/maintenance concerns on the ready-to-eat processing lines.
- Assess performance of subordinates and report issues to General Manager and Human Resources manager as necessary.
- Provide performance updates to subordinates, General Manager, and HR Manager upon completion of first 80 days of the 90-day probationary period for each new employee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent teamwork.
- Management experience in a seafood processing industry preferred.
- Prior lobster/crab processing experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 40lbs.
- Ability to work quickly and safely conducting repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work in various environmental conditions ranging from hot and humid to freezing and dry.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Paid overtime
- 15-minute paid break every 4 hours
- 45 minute unpaid lunch
- 2 Days sick time/quarter
- Optional participation in health care program.