Thai Curry with Grilled Greenhead Lobster Tails Recipe
8 4/5oz Greenhead Lobster tails
2 TBS butter
2 carrots, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
2 apples, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
2 tablespoons red curry paste (use more or less to taste, for spiciness)
1 stalk lemon grass, peeled and thinly sliced
2 Kaffir lime leaves, ribs removed and finely chopped
1 cup dry white wine
2 cups heavy cream
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
12 heads of baby bok choy
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely minced
A warm dish, with spice and grilled flavors. A lovely recipe to highlight Greenhead Lobster tails off the grill, and the seasonal shift into fall! Serves 8.
- Cook rice according to package for 8 servings.
- Grill the Maine lobster tails (see instructional video: https://www.greenheadlobster.com/grilled-lobster-tails/). Keep the grill hot for grilling bok choy.
- In a medium sauté pan, melt the butter. Sweat the carrots, apple, curry paste, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the cream and heat gently.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and more red curry paste if necessary.
- Grill the baby bok choy briefly on the hot grill, then slice the leaves on the bias.
- To serve: place rice in a bowl, add three halves of bok choy and one Maine lobster tail (two halves). Spoon the sauce over top and garnish each plate with cilantro. Serve warm.
*If kaffir lime leaves are not available, substitute 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice and 1 teaspoon grated lime zest.
*For effortless consumption, after ‘step 1,’ remove the meat from the shell, cut into bite-sized pieces and return to the shell.