BAKED LOBSTER MAC & CHEESE
2 to 3 Greenhead Lobster tails
3/4 Lb. Elbow macaroni
2 Cups Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/2 Cups Parmesan cheese, divided
1 Cup Shredded Swiss cheese
4 oz. Cream cheese
2 Cups Heavy cream or milk
1–2 Tbs. Butter
2–5 Cloves Minced garlic
4–6 Scallions Diced
1/2-1 Cup Panko breadcrumbs
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook thawed and well-rinsed lobster tails in boiling water for 6 minutes. Pull out lobster tails and set aside to cool. Save the water tails were cooked in and add the elbow macaroni. Cook the pasta according to the directions. Drain and put aside.
- In a pan heat a couple inches of water and hold another sauce pan over it. Combine the cheddar cheese, 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the Swiss cheese, and the cream cheese in the sauce pan. Melt the cheeses stirring and add the cream in slowly. Remove once fully combined and melted, and keep warm.
- Push the lobster meat out of the tail shell and cut it up into small bite size pieces.
- In a skillet melt the butter and add the garlic and scallions, cooking at medium for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, remove from heat, and toss the lobster meat in to quickly absorb and combine with the butter, garlic, and scallions.
- Add the macaroni to the lobster mixture, then combine with cheese sauce. Place in a casserole dish. Sprinkle Panko breadcrumbs and the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan on the top of the casserole. (At this point the casserole can be refrigerated for a day or wrapped well and frozen a month if needed. Additional baking time of about 15 minutes should be added to the recipe.)
- Bake, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, or until you see the cheese bubbling and the bread crumbs are golden brown.